By MAIMBO MWEEMBA
A-25- year-old woman of Mufulira’s Mokombo area has died after she was electrocuted.
Hellen Mutale was electrocuted after hanging her clothes to dry on a drying line.
Copperbelt Police Commanding Officer Peacewell Mweemba said the incident occurred on January 10, 2023.
“Brief facts are that the victim, after washing clothes, went to hang her clothes in the drying line. Whilst doing that, she was electrocuted. The matter was reported to Police who visited the scene and established that the drying line was tied to a cap rose,” he said.
Mr Mweemba said the drying line also was in contact with the iron sheets, which also had contact with live electricity cable on the roof.
He said the victim was electrocuted and sustained severe body burns.
Mr Mweemba said the body has been deposited in Ronald Ross mortuary hospital and an Inquiry file has been opened.