63 NABBED IN KASUMBALESA CLEAN-UP OPERATION

 63 NABBED IN KASUMBALESA CLEAN-UP OPERATION

By ALICE NACHILEMBE
The Department of Immigration have apprehended 63 suspected prohibited immigrants at Kasumbalesa.

Immigrations Public Relations Officer Namati Nshinka said the suspects were nabbed during a Department of Immigration-led Joint clean-up operation conducted in Kasumbalesa on June 29 2022.

Mr Nshinka said those initially apprehended were 48 Congolese, Nine Somalis, Four Tanzanians, and Two Eritreans.

He said after the initial screening exercise, the Officers released the Nine Somalis and Two Eritreans upon production of Refugee Certificates and valid mobility passes.

However, the 48 Congolese and Four Tanzanians have so far been unable to produce any documentation justifying their presence in Zambia.

Mr Nshinka said the Department has detained the 42 suspects at Chingola Correctional Facility pending further processes.

Meanwhile, the Ndola Regional Immigration Office intends to remove 51 Prohibited Immigrants from the country after paying their respective fines following convictions for unlawful stay.

“We wish to urge Foreign nationals, particularly the Border Community Residents, to follow the legally prescribed procedure for entering the country, including appearing before an Immigration Officer. We also wish to appeal to members of the public to remain vigilant and report any suspected cases of illegal migration to the nearest Immigration Office,” he said.

63 NABBED IN KASUMBALESA CLEAN-UP OPERATION

Alice Nachilembe

https://tiozambia.com

Alice Nachilembe is a Journalist who yearns for a better country with leaders being accountable to their mandate without oppressing the governed.