I write to show my disappointment over the elections of Ward Development Committees in Chingola and other parts of Zambia.
- Zambians are supposed to elect their leaders in these committees in order to enhance and plan for development at grass root level.
- My complaints are;
- Many people are not aware of these elections.
- Those who are elected develop on their own and will not represent people in the communities.
- Those will be elected will only work as private individuals since there was no consensus during elections.
- These elections are being conducted by friends, those that they know and their eager ego to be in leadership, but not to represent their fellow citizens. In a democracy, everyone should be involved and allowed to participate. Let us move this trend on what is going around today. I visited some few polling stations; the situation is not only bad, but sad and pathetic.