By Mercy Chewe
The Professional Golfers Association of Zambia (PGAZ) is impressed with the quality of play displayed at the recent Reliant Mining Classic championship held at Nkana Golf Club in Kitwe.
The season opening championship was won by Madalitso Muthiya of Lusaka with Nkana golfer Morton Muwowo emerging second.
PGAZ spokesperson Alfred Tamba said he was impressed with the performance of both professional and amateur golfers at the competition.
- UPND congratulates PF on peaceful convention
- Romeo Kangombe given two years suspended sentence
- Substandard structures in Town worry Chingola Mayor
- PF C/Belt Provincial Youth Chair congratulates SG
- Secure graveyard land, Chingola Council told
“I am very delighted at the just ended Reliant Mining Classic championship. We had to adjust to the way we hosted this tournament this time around owing to COVID-19,” Tamba said.
“Congratulations to Madalitso Muthiya for having scooped this tournament of the year. And also worth mentioning that Morton Muwowo shot two under on the first day,” he said.
Tamba further hailed sponsors Reliant Mining and other entities for supporting the golf championship.