Man electrocuted while stealing

 Man electrocuted while stealing

By Staff Writer
A-19-year-old man of Ndola has been electrocuted after he attempted to steal at a bar a Ndola.

Paul Mubanga wanted to enter through the roof at Towela Bar, but got electrocuted in the process.
Copperbelt Police Commanding officer Sharon Zulu said the body of the deceased was found trapped and hanging.

Ms Zulu said that the incident happened on September 1, 2022 in Chifubu.

” At 22:00hrs the owner of the bar left his bar well secured after conducting business of selling opaque beer. And on September 2, 2022 around 07:30hrs the owner was informed by his barman that he has found a man inside the shop hanging on top of the roof and suspected that the same could have been electrocuted,” she said.

She said Police visited the scene in the company of the scenes of crime officer and Zesco personnel and found the body trapped and hanging on top of the roof while the legs and part of the body was inside the building and the head was outside.

“After inspecting the building, Zesco personnel discovered that there was electric current which was still running on the iron sheets due to poor wiring and earthling,” she said

She said the body was also inspected and discovered that the victim was electrocuted.
The body has been deposited in Ndola Teaching Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem and burial.

Alice Nachilembe

Alice Nachilembe is a Journalist who yearns for a better country with leaders being accountable to their mandate without oppressing the governed.