Girl 2 swallows wild fruit dies
By ALICE NACHILEMBE
A-two-year old girl of Chililabombwe’s Kawama Township has died after she swallowed a wild fruit (Ifungo).
The Child died on the way to Kakosa Hospital yesterday around 18:45 hours were they were rushing her to after she swallowed the fruit.
Copperbelt Police Commanding Officer Peacewell Mweemba who confirmed the development said that brief facts are that on the material day, the mother returned from the fields with the named wild fruits.
Mr Mweemba said one of her children got the fruits and started eating and later the child gave one fruit to the victim who ate.
He said immediately after eating, the child started struggling to breathe which led her to take the child to the hospital.
“Unfortunately she died on her way and the body was deposited in the mortuary. Inquiry file opened,” he said.