By Staff Writer
A Grade 9 pupil at Chabanyama Combined School in Chingola has died during an eating competition.
Copperbelt Deputy Commissioner of Police Bothwell Namuswa said that a girl named Happy Kaishala, died from suspected food choking during scripture union group eating competition and Grade 9 farewell party at Chabanyama Combined School.
Mr Namuswe said Kaishala 16, of
Chiwempala Siite and Service was rushed to Chawama clinic where medical personnel certified her died.
He said the incident happened on December 4, 2020 at around 15:00hrs.
Mr Namuswe said the body is in Nchanga North General hospital Mortuary awaiting postmortem as relatives suspect foul play.