By ALICE NACHILEMBE
Chililabombwe Municipal Council has warned business owners running makeshift restaurants at Kasumbalesa to close down as they are posing a health risk to the people.
CMC Assistant Public Relations Manager Evelyn Mulenga said the Council has noticed with concern the number of makeshift restaurants mushrooming in Kasumbalesa area.
Ms Mulenga said the food stuffs being prepared in the makeshift restaurants lack proper hygiene and have the potential to contribute to the outbreak of cholera and other diseases.
She said Council has engaged Health Inspectors to conduct inspections of various business premises and see to it those found wanting are prosecuted.
“Chililabombwe Municipal Council places great importance in safeguarding the lives of the residents by ensuring that they carry out businesses in a conducive environment,” he said.