AfterTen Chingola Town Center outlet in suspected Shawarma poisoning

 AfterTen Chingola Town Center outlet in suspected Shawarma poisoning


Some Members of the public in Chingola have been admitted at Nchanga North General hospital for suspected food poisoning after they ate Shawarma from After Ten Town center outlet.

A check by The Independent Observer crew at the hospital found some admitted patients who ate the suspected poisoned Shawarmas.

Marjory Chimamba one of the victim said that she bought Shawarma at town center After ten on Monday afternoon and after sometime that day she started having stomach pains and vomiting and later taken to the hospital.

Doris Chabi and Gloria Mutawa also narrated that they bought Shawarma at town center After Ten on Monday around Lunch time and later that day they started vomiting and had serious diarrhea.

And a check at After Ten town center, the Independent Observer found that the outlet was not operating but managed to talk to the supervise, Mpundu Chikungulu who said the officers from health department at Chingola Municipal Council have taken samples of the ingredients for the suspected shawarma, residents are suspecting to be the cause of their sickness.

Mr Chikungulu said it is only after the test samples are realized that when residents will be informed if it was the shawarma that may have caused the illness, otherwise at the moment remains a suspicion.

Chingola Municipal Council Health Director Fred Nkonde said that the council has taken samples from After Ten town center outlet.

Mr Nkonde said the samples will be sent to Lusaka to determine whether the shawarma saved on Monday was poisoned.

By press time effort to reach the Provincial Health Office could not yield results as the phone was not available.

The Independent Observer

John Sakala is a Journalist yearning for independent journalism