By Nchimunya Miyoba
Kitwe Teaching Hospital says that the hospital last night admitted 74 patients all from Musonda Township for suspected food poisoning.
Kitwe Teaching Hospital Public Relations Officer Phoebe Chileya who confirmed the development said the 74 were admitted last night after attending a party.
Ms Chileya said eight patients admitted where minors under the age of five, 40 between the ages of 6 to 14 years, while the 26 are between 15 years and above.
She said most of the patients are stable and have since been discharged from hospital with four still admitted for further investigations and management.
Ms Chileya said according to investgations done the hospital, the report indicate that the 74 were all at a party in Musonda Township.
“The patients consumed food that was contaminated with toxins that are harmful for the body.
“We are hopeful that the four that are still in hospital will soon be discharged to join their families,” she said.