7 members of the same family die in house fire in Chongwe

By ALICE NACHILEMBE
Seven children of the same family in Chongwe have been burnt to death after the house in which they were sleeping in caught fire.

Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo said the fire is alleged to have started when Lawrence Muzolewa 43, the owner of the house was pouring petrol in a container which later spilled on a brazier and engulfed the house.

Ms Katongo said the incident occurred on August 3, 2020 at about 20:00 hours at Shisholeka village in Chongwe District.

She has identified the victims Misheck Njovu 5, Maggie Matibenga 6, Emeldah Moyo 4 , Mavis Moya 3,  Rebecca Matibenga 3,  Amon Matibenga 14 months Harriet  Matibenga all of the same family.

She said the bodies of the deceased are in Chongwe District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.

“Mr Muzolewa  and Gift Matibenga 12, who were also in the house at the time of the inferno survived with burns on their faces, hands and legs, he  is  admitted to Chongwe District Hospital  while  Gift is in Levy  Mwanawasa Teaching Hospital,” she said.

The Independent Observer

John Sakala is a Journalist yearning for independent journalism

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: