By ALICE NACHILEMBE
Three Children of the same family in Lusaka’s Kanyama area have been burnt and nursing serious wounds after the Mattress they slept on caught fire.
The Mattress Caught fire after a candle fell on it.
University Teaching Hospital Public Relations officer Natalie Mashikolo said the eldest child was reading using the candle and in the process she dozed off.
Ms Mashikolo said that her two female siblings aged 3 and 6 years respectively were also sleeping in the same room.
She said among them is a 3 year-old boy who suffered 56% burns of the face,trunk,hands and right leg,the other girl 14 year-old suffered 45 percent burns on her face, hands and right leg.
While the other girl aged 6 years has blisters on her face.
Ms Mashikolo said the hospital received the incident on December 26, 2019 around 21:00 hours.
she said the three children are currently being treated and are under observation.